Birmingham Estate Planning & Elder Law Firm
Nolan Elder Law and Estate Planning, LLC is a niche practice. While some law firms attempt to meet every conceivable legal need, we have chosen a different approach. Our focus is narrow but deep. We work with seniors every day. We work with families needing estate planning every day. We work with families who have lost loved ones and now they face probate. We work with families who have members with special needs. We work with veterans. We work with Medicaid applicants. We make house-calls on individuals who are shut-ins. That is what we do.
If you have other legal needs, we have many friends who work in divorce, bankruptcy, criminal defense, medical malpractice, nursing-home abuse and personal injury. We can make referrals on your behalf. We have found that the best way to choose an attorney is not by the number of billboards he might purchase. Contact us if you have legal needs in other areas of the law. We are happy to make the referral for you.
- Imagine this scenario: Your mother, who is 80 years old and a widow, has suddenly started spending money recklessly. She is paranoid of you and your efforts to rein in her behavior. She is not taking the medicine that her doctor has prescribed or she won’t go to the doctor …Read More »
- In an effort to delay the ravages of aging, I have recently started taking tennis lessons. While I did play some tennis back in college, it has been over 30 years since I picked up a racquet, so I decided that I would start from the beginning and take lessons …Read More »
- How many times have we heard (or maybe even said) these words? One look at the typical lottery winner will prove that all the money in the world will not make people happy. As an Elder Law attorney, I work with seniors and their adult children to give them peace …Read More »
- Many of you have children graduating from high school within a month or so. Soon they will be turning 19 and will be considered, under the eyes of the law at least, to be ADULTS. Regardless of how they behave, the law at least considers them to be fully capable …Read More »
- There comes a time in many middle-aged couple’s lives when one or both of them are faced with “making plans” for their elderly parents. If this hasn’t happened to you yet and your parents are still alive, keep reading! If you have friends who have elderly parents, please read and …Read More »
Peace of Mind
First made aware of Nolan Elder Law and Estate Planning via organization of which I was a member when my spouse was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimers.
Facing the prospect of decision-making on major financial and health issues, I contacted Nolan Elder Law for advice.
Supportive, professional, and personable are words I use to describe the Nolan EL&EP staff in addition to being patient and willing to answer interminable questions.
Peace of mind was and is a huge plus for my situation, for which Nolan EL&EP is largely responsible.
I recommend this firm to anyone needing expert advice in elder law, most certainly where a spouse is suffering from declining cognitive abilities.
A Great Experience
In the past year I have had the pleasure of working with Bill Nolan and Jennifer Taylor regarding my parents estate. We revised their wills and did some minor changes in their estate. The experience was great!! Both Bill and Jennifer were incredibly nice and explained everything in terms that we could understand. Everything was done in a very good timely manner. They were always available for questions or concerns. Great experience at Nolan Elder Law and Estate Planning, LLC.